Monday, January 28, 2013

What I hope to learn in EDU 370!

Without knowing much about what this class is going to offer, I am sure of one thing, and that is that I know this class is going to play a vital role in developing my ability to work with technology and utilize it in my future classroom.


My number one hope or goal of this class is that I will learn how to integrate technology into the classroom in a way that will be the most beneficial for my students. In this day and age, I believe it is critical and necessary that students understand the role of technology in our society, and understand how to use it in a way that will be beneficial to them, their education and their daily lives. However I also believe in the importance of students understanding how to use original and physical modes of communication and learning. For example, continuing to teach children how to write in cursive or look up a topic in an encyclopedia. I hope that this class will teach me how to balance the two. I hope to learn how too intertwine up and coming technology with original and "old-school" methods as well!


I am excited for the upcoming semester and hope that by the end I will be confident and ready to use technology to benefit the learning of my future students!

“There can be infinite uses of the computer and of new age technology, but if teachers themselves are not able to bring it into the classroom and make it work, then it fails.” - Nancy Kassebaum

No comments:

Post a Comment