The use of Google Forms and Web Quest, are two more useful tools to tuck away for future use because they both offer easier access to informatino for both the teacher and the student. However these two tools also have other great benefits as well.
I will start by reflecting on Web Quests. What I really enjoyed about making this Web Quest, was the ease of use. Although it was time consuming, the step by step process made making a lesson very manageable and it forced you to include all the necessary components of a successful lesson. I also like the fact that the students can access this informatin wherever they are, and can refer back to in numerous times for directions. Web Quests also gives teachers the capapbility of linking other web sites or applications to the Web Quest for students to view, without having to make much commotion about it. Web Quest however does seem quite outdated. Yes it is useful and user friendly, but in this day and age of Ipads with unlimited applications, I am afraid students would find Web Quests "boring". For example iPlan lessons. This app allows lessons to be created easily, emailed, shared, and even put in correspondance with iCalender on your computer, iPhone, or iPad, making it accessible to teachers and students from a wide variety of machines. Web Quest is a good foundation and easy to use, however I think there are even easier, advanced, and more user friendly options avaiblable for todays technological advancements.
Google Forms was totally new to me and I was really impressed with how much information it was able to gather. As I reflected back on how this tool could be used in a classroom, I automatically thought of tests or quizzes. This would be such a great way to give a test, compare results, grade them quickly, and save paper! I enjoy that students are able to view percentages and see exactly where they may need to keep working. I also appreciate how easy it is to use and how easy it is to regulate. If a teacher uses this, it is great how they have the ability to control what is seen, what is said, and how it is done.
Overall I think both these tools are worth working with and exploring in my future classroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment