Monday, April 22, 2013

Fryer's Final Chapter- Video

In Fryers final chapter about Video, I was amazed at all the information he offered, a lot of which I had never heard about or used before. For example the iMic. This was one technology that stuck ou tin my mind because one,  I hadn't heard of it until this reading and two, it gave me all sorts of ideas for classroom use. I like the idea having a mic to hook up to iPads, lap tops, etc. and having students run interviews. It could be used for a way to display research, or just add to an iMovie project.
One point Fryer made in the reading was about how to incorporate video into your teaching and ways to do it, and ways not to do it. Fryer pointed out the use of YouTube clips. I like the idea of using clips of information to help teach a subject, however like Fryer said, displaying a clip that is too long or an entire film can sometimes be overwhelming. I have noticed that impact short video clips can have in my own classes, and hope I can integrate them into my future classroom as means to help students learn.
This chapter was a very good resource for learning about video, however left me feeling a bit overwhelmed as I began to realize there is so much out their for me to learn, especially when it comes to video technology, however I am willing to learn what I can because it is clearly proving to be a vital technology and successful in many classrooms. With many classrooms now having their own set of iPads, photography and videography alike are more accessible and become simplified. There is no longer a need for big video cameras, unless quality is more of a concern. It is nice to know that technology of all realms is continuing to change and become more accessible and as a future teacher I hope to stay on top of the changes and utilize them into my students learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment